Are you wanting to improve your child’s oral health care? If so, one of the best places to begin is with the child’s brushing behaviors. Because most children under 5 cannot brush their own teeth safely and proficiently, it must be done for them. This routine should be done for 2-3 minutes at a time twice every day. If a child’s teeth are not cared for, they will be susceptible to tooth decay and cavities. For more information about tooth brushing for kids, consider the following:
– For children from 3 to 6 years old, a typical tooth brushing session should only need a dab of toothpaste about the size of a pea.
– Bring your child in to see their pediatrician before they are one year of age for a complete oral examination.
– Never transfer cleaning tools or utensils between yourself and your child.
– Try to find a toothbrush that has soft bristles, as hard bristles can be abrasive and wear down your child’s tooth enamel.
– For children beneath the age of three, a typical tooth brushing session should only need a dab of toothpaste about the size of a grain of rice.
– Your child’s first tooth will erupt between the age of 6 to 10 months, at which time daily oral health habits such as brushing need to take place.
No matter the pediatric treatments your child needs, Dr. Amirani and our team at Sam Amirani DDS are here to give you the smile you want. If you would like to schedule an appointment to come see us at our pediatric office in Wichita, Kansas, please contact us at 3166867155 to speak with a member of our team. Don’t let poor oral hygiene control your child’s life. It’s time to fight back and get the smile they deserve!